Exercises are general requirement of our body to stay fit. Exercise does not mean spending hours in the gym or doing heavy workouts. One can also achieve a healthy and attractive body by doing light exercises that tone up your muscles and remove marks. Hips are essential part of lower body and helps in giving ideal structure to the person. Thus everyone wants to have good rounded, well structured hips. However sometimes because of excessive fat or bone structure, hip dips are created in the body. Today let us know about hip dips and which exercises you need to do in order to get rid of this deformity.
What Are Hip Dips?
Hip dips are basically an inward depression on the side of your hips that is created because of hip bone. This occurs due to less fat present on the side of the body in the lower section. It is also called violin hip because the curve resembles shape of the violin. These hip dips are evident in some people whereas they are not in others. Even though this does not impact your health or body by any matter, but people idealise to have perfect structure for which it can be toned. There are exercises available that can improve your hip curve and you can get rid of this hip dips in a few months.
6 Exercises to Get Rid of Hip Dips
To reduce hip dips in your body you need to exercise to target your following muscles-
- Hips muscles
- Thighs muscles
- Abdominal muscles
- Buttock muscles
Start with some basic exercises and then move onto the advance forms of those exercises.
1. Fire Hydrants
This exercise is used to target the outer thighs, hips and side buttocks. Fire hydrant improves strength of your hip muscles and distributes your body weight equally among the hands and knees which creates good shape. This exercise is great for starting your hip workout and reducing the hip dips on your body.
To do this exercise-
- First sit on your hands and knees in cat pose.
- Keep your hands directly under your chest so that they are straight and form 90 degree angle the floor.
- Gradually lower your leg backwards and prevent your knee from touching the ground.
- Move as if kicking back slowly and then return to original position.
Do this exercise in the repetition of 3 sets with 5 times on each leg. You can make it more difficult by putting some weight behind your knees.
2. Standing Kickback Lunges
Standing kickback lunges are great to put pressure on your thighs, hips and lower back. This exercise makes the muscles tone up from the sides and give a great look. Different planes will help you to make your buttocks look more in shape and reduce the dips. This exercise contains a range of motion that includes moving forward, then backward. Depending on the joint, it will put pressure to tone the muscles.
To do this exercise-
- Stand straight with feet together
- Then take light or medium dumbbell depending on your weight
- Put your right foot forward and begin to step out.
- Now bend your knees and push your hips back
- Drop your arms and put your hands beside your right leg while looking forward
- Push off with your right foot and then shift your weight on the left leg
- Return to the centre and repeat it on the other side.
Do this exercise 3 times with 12 reps each.
3. Hip Raise
This is also very beneficial to shape your hips dips and tone them. It also makes your core and back muscles strong. Hip raise can help you gain round butts and thus you need to practise it daily. However keep in check that you do it in the correct posture as it may affect your back and neck muscles otherwise. This exercise is also good for your glutes.
To do this exercise-
- First lie on the floor straight with your back down.
- Keep your arms straight beside your body and place your palms facing downwards
- Not breather and push through your heels, lift your hips up by squeezing your hamstrings and pelvic floor.
- Rest your upper body on the shoulders and form a straight line
- Hold that position for 2-3 seconds and then slowly put your hips on the floor.
Do 3 sets of this exercise and complete 15 reps.
4. Standing side-to-side Squats
These squats are especially beneficial for toning your side hip muscles and improving shape. It targets your hips, buttocks and legs together. This exercise is great to get rid of your hip dips and as you progress you can notice change in your hip structure as well. These side-to-side squats are done using ankle weights hence be careful when you move. Do not hurry.
To do this exercise-
- Stand with your legs close to each other.
- Come down to normal squat position and open your legs wide
- Put pressure on your left leg and move your body left.
- Now keep the right leg close to left one
- Repeat the same thing with your right leg.
Do this exercise 10 times on each side. You can increase your squat position and bend lower as your progress.
5. Side Leg Lifts
This exercise is similar to side leg abduction. In this exercise you lay down to target your butts. Side leg lifts are very helpful in toning and widening your hips. This exercise allows your hips muscles to stretch and makes them look in shape. For this exercise you need to follow this routine-
- Lie down on a mat or little soft surface.
- Now turn to right side along with your back, neck and head in neutral position
- Rest your hand below your arm for support and extend it to your head for comfortable position
- Now put your legs on one above the another
- Slowly raise your left leg up as high as you can and hold it for 1 second.
- Now put it down on your other leg gradually
Do this exercise 3 times with 15 reps on each side. It is one of the best exercises for getting ideal hip shape and toning hip muscles.
6. Normal Squats
It is a very popular exercise to tone your lower body and muscles of your hips. It helps to widen your hip muscles and gives a good shape. Squats are beneficial for toning up your thigh, hips and calf muscles. It also puts pressure on your core and develops a ideal structure. To do this exercise you need to do take the following steps.
- Start with upright position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Move your toes slightly outwards
- Now slowly bend your knees and keep your hand parallel to the ground
- Push your hips and butts back in position of sitting on a chair
- Keep your chin and neck in comfortable position forward
- Move down till a right angle is created between your thighs and the floor
- Keep your weight on your heels for effectiveness of the exercise
- Gradually come upward and return to initial position.
Repeat this for 15 times in a set of 3.
Read More Articles on Exercise Fitness
Picture Credits- pexels.com
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.