Tired of taking pill every day? There are numerous birth control methods that last for months, weeks, or even years. Don't worry, they are effective and safe for most healthy women.
The studies conducted around Birth Control And Infertility have found that about 21.1 per cent of females who had been making use of birth control for seven years could conceive in their first fertile month, while the remaining who could not conceive right away, became pregnant within a year. This is quite parallel to the overall population’s likelihood of pregnancy.
Longstanding Contraceptive Usage and Endometrial Lining
- Women who have used combined estrogen and progestin birth control pills for about five years or even more were suggestively more expected to have thinner endometrial linings.
- The endometrium is a lining of the uterus, which allows the embryo to implant and thus starts the gestation period.
- The pills are sometimes given in the IVF cycle to synchronize the growth of the eggs, and one may think that, as they are ordinarily thin the endometrium, this might affect the lining in the IVF cycle, but this does not seem to be true.
Thwarting Pregnancy minus Hormonal Birth Control
- Even though all the studies conducted along with statistical data prove that hormonal birth control does not cause infertility problems, some women still want to evade themselves from consuming the pill.
- This does not mean they have no way to stop a possible pregnancy.
- One can always consider taking barrier method options and approaches which are similar to contraception like condoms or diaphragm.
- These will require you or your partner to use them and would not be useful if you have forgotten or have not placed them correctly.
Enduring dangers and advantages of Birth Control Pills
- For women consuming any birth control pills, there is an augmented risk of blood clots within the blood vessels, particularly for smokers and women who have crossed the age group of 35 years. Also, there is an increased risk of cervical cancer.
- Taking birth control pills has a lot of health benefits like these can guard against cancers of the ovary and uterus.
- They can protect against pelvic inflammatory ailments and also safeguards iron-deficiency anaemia.
- The combination pill can decrease problems of acne, the danger of an ectopic pregnancy, noncancerous breast cysts, and can also reduce ovarian cysts.
(Inputs by Dr Anagha Karkhanis - Senior Gynaecologist and Infertility Specialist and Director of Cocoon Fertility)
Read more articles on Women's Health
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.