Diabetes And Male Infertility: Tips to control your blood sugar levels, so that it does not affects your male fertility.
Male infertility and type 2 diabetes: Men, do you lead a sedentary lifestyle? Do you have diabetes? Then, beware! It may take a toll on your fertility. One may get diabetes owing to a faulty lifestyle. Your pancreas that is known as the small glad present in the body tends to release insulin that is a hormone helping in controlling the blood sugar levels after every meal. If your blood sugar levels are not sufficiently maintained and tend to become high, then you may have a condition that is hyperglycemia. Can high genetics cause diabetes? Moreover, you will also be surprised to know that your high genetics can cause diabetes. Thus, when your hyperglycemia persists for a more extended period, then it can turn into type 2 diabetes. You will get type 2 diabetes when your pancreas fails to produce enough insulin to control your blood sugar levels. Diabetes is a growing matter of concern and a serious health issue. One may also suffer from pre-diabetes wherein the sugar levels are higher but not so high that one may get diabetes. If you are one of them who has diabetes, then you must be careful as it can affect your sexual health.
This is how diabetes affects male fertility
Dr Nisha Pansare, Fertility Consultant, Nova IVF Fertility, Pune explains the impact of diabetes on male fertility.
Also Read: Benefits Of Eating Roasted Chana And Jaggery
- It is a known fact that diabetes damages the nerves and blood vessels by raising your risk of infections if you fail to manage it at the right time. Diabetes is linked to numerous sexual health issues such as erectile dysfunction, inflammation of your foreskin, decreased sex drive, and even ejaculation issues. Not only this, diabetes will take a toll on your sperm quality as well. Thus, a spike in blood sugar levels can lead to low fertility rates.
- Furthermore, diabetes is known to damage your sperm DNA, disturb those fertility hormones, and even lead to low testosterone levels. Hence, it is imperative to keep your diabetes under control.
Tips to control your blood sugar levels
Are you aware? High blood sugar levels can affect male reproductive health. Yes, those men having diabetes can encounter erectile dysfunction. Here we are giving you some tips to control your sugar levels.
- Eat a low carb diet as that will help you manage your blood sugar levels.
- Try to reduce insulin sensitivity and stay in top shape by exercising daily. Opt for running, swimming, and cycling and burn those excess calories and maintain your blood sugar levels at a normal range.
- Add fibre to your diet. Eat whole grains, legumes, and even pulses. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. You must drink enough water to stay hydrated.
- Eliminate trans fats, processed and salty foods from the diet. Eating sugary foods and drinks can worsen the condition.
- Practice yoga and meditation to de-stress and calm down. Monitor your blood sugar levels as recommended by the doctor. Take medications prescribed by your doctor and avoid self-medication.
Read more articles on Diabetes
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.