Here is a handy checklist on the dating do’s and don’ts for women:
- Spend some time on getting ready. You might be used to putting on a few clothes and rushing for those night-outs with friends, but you need to look appropriate for your date.
- A date is usually fixed a few days in advance giving you ample time for a pedicure, manicure and even a facial session. You sure do not want to turn up in front of your date with blotches and a tan on your face.
- Be yourself. Most women miss out on a perfect date as they look for love rather than a friendly conversation. This is the biggest challenge for women.
- Never talk about your previous dates and how bad they were. This date is about you and him so it is better to keep it within this limit.
[Read: Key Rules for Dating]
- Do not ask questions you would not want to answer yourself. Most women end up asking personal questions to men and end up either being judgmental or uncomfortable.
- Avoid wearing something revealing on your first date unless you know you can carry it off well. Also, dress appropriately for the place you are dining in.
- Keep your sob stories away for a couple of dates.
- Smile more often if you are genuinely interested in the guy but be alert lest he is not!
[Read: Signs He’s Interested in You]
- Never discuss anything that you hardly know anything about. It might just make you feel like a dumb person.
- Do not spend more time on judging physical attraction. Instead spend maximum time on the chemistry you share with him. Most women fail to strike a balance between what they are looking for and what they should look at, and end up being unsuccessful with dating.
- Do not get drunk. Know your capacity and if it is too bad then it is better to hold on to your first drink. Better still, order a mocktail.
- Do not loud mouth or bitch about things on your date. This usually turns men off.
- It is good to remind yourself of those table manners on your first date or a blind date.
Read more articles on Dating Tips