Chandrayan-2 moon mission: Lander Vikram lost control with the base which elevated the stress levels of ISRO and left the entire nation in shock.
Chandrayan-2 mission garnered the eyeballs of the entire world soon after its launch on 22 July 2019 from Sriharikota. Its lander ‘Vikram’ was scheduled to land on the surface of the moon today but unfortunately, ISRO lost contact with it just before it was supposed to touch the moon! The Indian space station lost communication with the lander when it was only two kilometers away from the Earth’s satellite, Moon.
The entire nation was eagerly waiting to celebrate the success of this Moon mission but the news of Lander Vikram’s communication disconnect made everybody stressed to bits. However, the mission is said to be still very much successful as Vikram is anticipated to be revolving in lunar orbit even after losing communication with the base. The agency released a statement early morning today stating, “Only 5 percent of the mission has been lost – Vikram the lander and Pragyan the rover – while the remaining 95 percent – that is the Chandrayaan 2 orbiter – is orbiting the moon successfully.”
"If you start listing, there are at least ten points where it could have gone wrong. What has really gone wrong is difficult to predict now", he said. "The only thing is in the last ten seconds (of the mission), there was a deviation in the trajectory and velocity path. Looking at the data available till that point I am sure ISRO will be able to identify (where things went wrong)," former ISRO chief G Madhavan Nair said in support of the mission.
We have seen Prime Minister Narendra Modi cheering up the entire team as the countdown of the mission began. But as ISRO chief broke the news of ‘loss of communication with lander Vikram’, happiness turned to sadness. One loss landed 11 years of hard work and dedication to questions. The expressions of the entire team of scientists at ISRO made their emotions clear. The ISRo chief couldn’t control his tears where PM Narendra Modi was seen consoling him. This event raised the stress levels of the nation but the country is still proud of ISRO for its incredible efforts and achievements so far.
Read more On Latest
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.