Brush up on Oral Hygiene
You don’t need to invest much time in taking care of their teeth properly. It just requires a little determination, brushing, flossing, gum care and a few precautionary measures.
- Brush thoroughly twice a day.
- Practice good eating habits.
- Visit a dentist every six months.
- If you suspect any dental problem, see a dentist promptly.
If a tooth is the power, then a smile is its sword. You can wear that universally welcoming look on your face only when you the teeth to carry if off. So, why wait?
Good oral hygiene is essential to maintain health of your teeth and gums and is important for your overall well-being. Healthy teeth help to make you look and feel good. They also help you to eat and speak well.
Daily care of your teeth should include proper brushing and flossing, as these help to prevent problems before they start. Besides this proper brushing and flossing are much less painful, troublesome and more economical than treating conditions that have been allowed to progress.
Here are some of basics of oral hygiene you should keep in mind for healthy teeth.
- Brush thoroughly twice a day (in the morning, and before sleeping at night). Use toothpaste that contains fluoride, as fluoride strengthens tooth enamel, which can decrease the risk of decay. Use a fluoride mouth rinse if your dentist advices you to.
- Practice good eating habits, eat a balanced diet and minimize snacking between meals. Avoid foods that get stuck to the teeth and also the foods and drinks that contain excessive amounts of acid and sugar.
- Visit a dentist for check up every six to 12 months. If you suspect any dental problem, see a dentist promptly.
- Ensure that your children younger than 12 years drink fluorinated water. If you live in areas where fluorine content in water is less give them a fluoride supplement.
Make sure you take good care of teeth and gums as it is quite important for a healthy lifestyle. You don’t need to invest much time in taking care of their teeth properly. It just requires a little determination, brushing, flossing, gum care and a few precautionary measures.
Read more articles on Oral Health Conditions.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jan 16, 2013
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.