Acupressure points for asthma: Acupressure points for asthma can be pressed to get relief from symptoms for an effective, harmless asthma treatment.
Acupressure is an alternative treatment for asthma that offers a very beneficial way to get relief from the common complications of the condition. Rather than conventional medicine that poses great risks of side effects, acupressure is a harmless and natural way of getting relief from the symptoms of asthma. You just need to know the right acupressure points for asthma.
Acupressure Points for Relieving Asthma
- One of the points is located towards the outer part of the chest, close to the shoulders. The width of three fingers together below the collarbone is its exact location. This point can be found on both sides of your chest. The benefits of applying pressure on this point are relief from difficulties in breathing, chest tension, congestion, coughing and even tension caused by emotional problems.
- The hollow found below the collarbone located next to the breastbone is an acupressure point for asthma. The benefits of pressing on these points are relief from chest congestion, coughing, breathing problems, anxiety and other asthma symptoms.
- A very effective acupressure point for asthma is on the back. It is between the upper part of shoulder blades and the upper spine. You can feel for knots on both sides in this area of the upper back. A good way of applying pressure on these points once you locate them is to place two tennis balls while you lay on your back with the knees bent. Let your feet rest on the floor or the bed. Take deep breaths in this position as you allow your body to apply pressure through these balls, keeping the eyes closed. Deep relaxation for 5 to 10 minutes helps you get full benefits.
- On your palm pad’s centre, there is the base of the thumb. It is one of the points for acupressure. It is one of the more convenient points and you can press it anytime in the course of the day. It gives you benefit from shallow breathing, swollen throat and coughing.
- Another convenient acupressure point for asthma on your hand is where your wrist ends and below the base of the thumb. You can press this point throughout the day to get relief from lung problems, coughing and other asthma symptoms.
Other than acupressure, acupuncture is also a viable alternative treatment for asthma. You can find many professional experts who are adept at acupuncture for asthma treatment. But the acupressure points mentioned above are quite effective and you may not need professional assistance if you press these points regularly.
Read more articles on Asthma
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.