5 Great Benefits of Scissor Jumps
- It comprises strength training and plyometric movement
- It can help build muscular strength in the hamstrings and glutes
- You can do plyometrics to train for several sports
Scissor jumps is an endurance plyometric (jump training) technique. The move comprises strength training and plyometric movement to build muscular strength in the quadriceps, hamstrings and glutes.
Steps to Perform Scissor Jumps
- Starting in a lunge position; put your right leg forward and your left leg extended behind you and toes on the floor. Bend your right knee and dip your left knee toward the floor
- Your arms should be straight out in front of you or out to the sides
- Gently jump up and switch legs in midair, just like the motion of a scissor
- Use your back left to give you a lift off the ground, and jump again
- Jump continuously, without resting, 10 to 20 times
- It is important to try and land softly to avoid injury
5 Benefits of Scissor Jumps
The workout can be used in several different ways. Take a look at the many benefits of the technique.
The body’s muscular system encompasses fast and slow twitch muscle fibres. The move increases strength and efficiency of the fast twitch fibres and contributes to greater involvement of muscles’ strongest fibres for strength gains.
Workout for Multiple Muscle Groups
It is a false impression that the technique specifically targets your core. Besides the core, your legs can get in a great shape from all the jumping and hopping. Glutes muscles also get the workout and get stronger with the workout.
Alternative to Strength-Training Workout
Scissor jumps is an excellent alternative to boost your muscle power, strength, balance, and agility. It can further be modified to make it a whole-body workout.
Improve Sports Performance
You can do plyometrics to train for several sports and games, including basketball, volleyball and tennis. It is best suited for sports and activities that require explosive movements.
No Fitness Equipment Needed
Exercise equipment can be expensive. Scissor jumps don't require any of the fitness equipment or tools.
Read more articles on Exercise & Fitness.
For more such articles, Download OnlymyHealth App.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Mar 15, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.