103 Fresh Swine Flu Cases Reported in Delhi: Know Risk Factors
- Delhi has reported 103 fresh cases of swine flu
- A total of 1,196 cases have been reported in Delhi this year
- Know facts which may increase your risk
Delhi has reported 103 fresh cases of swine flu on Thursday accounting to a total of 1,196 cases. A report was submitted by the Directorate General of Health Services, which stated that swine flu has affected 1,093 cases this year and 103 new cases have been reported. The flu has already taken six live this year. The reports also mentioned that six persons who have died of swine flu this year, one belonged to Delhi whereas, others were the residents of other cities.
The death toll due to swine flu has now crossed 160, while 4,571 positive cases have been reported. The maximum cases were reported by Rajasthan accounting for over 40 percent of the cases, followed by Gujarat. Delhi reported the third highest numbers infected with the H1N1 virus.
During such a panic situation all across the city, the citizens should know all the symptoms of swine flu to detect the condition to treat it at the earliest.
Symptoms of swine flu:
- Body aches
- Stuffy nose
- A sore throat
- Watery red eyes
Habits that can increase your risk of catching H1N1 virus
- Poor hygiene: When the flu is on a spread, you should maintain proper hygiene. You should wash your hands after touching public spots. Touching a surface contaminated with germs and virus directly makes you more prone to the virus. Also, make sure that you wash your hands every time before and after having food.
- Traveling to swine flu epidemic areas
- Not covering your mouth and nose before stepping out
- Direct contact with infected pigs
You should also take prevention steps to stop any possible way to spread the virus.
Read more articles on Health News.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth app.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Feb 09, 2019
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.