Yoga being a holistic way of treatment, is a very good way to get your natural good looking hair back. You should realise that in order to have good hair, you need to keep your body functions in order. That is possible only when yoga for hair comes into play. With some yogic techniques mentioned below, you will have all your questions answered about how to get healthy hair.
- Sit in a restful cross-legged posture. Keep your back straight and your palms’ back should rest against the knees.
- Take deep breaths twice. When you inhale the third time, expand your abdomen forcing out the exhale through your nostrils, at the same time contract your abdominal muscles. Inhale and let your lungs expand naturally in a relaxed way.
- Do this forced exhalation and natural inhalation 20 times but in a rhythm. You should put heavier emphasis on each of your exhalation. Do not move around your chest and shoulders while performing this and keep them as still as possible.
- Inhale completely and retain your breath for as long as you can. You need to feel comfortable about yourself, and make sure that when you are exhaling, you are not too winded to exhale forcefully.
- Repeat the above for three rounds.
Ujjayi pranayama (Energising breath)
- Sit in sukhasana or the relaxed cross-legged position keeping your back straight while the back of the palms should rest on the knees.
- Constrict the back of your throat and allow the hissing sound to come. Inhale and exhale by throat. You will get gentle vibrations from the throat.
- When you inhale, the abdominal muscles would be contracted a bit but when you exhale, this pressure reaches its most intense possible state.
- Relax yourself with this deep breathing.
- Lay on the back with your palms on the ground. Roll back the shoulders, and both your hands should slide under your buttocks.
- Inhale and raise your chest and neck from the floor so that the buttocks are on the mat. Rest your body on the elbows and the crown of the head. You can deepen the pose by raising the chest higher and staying in the pose.
- Now in this pose, fold your upper and lower tips over your teeth.
- Inhale and lift your chest and neck off the floor with your buttocks still on the mat. Rest on your elbows and the crown of your head. To deepen the pose, use your elbows to raise your chest higher and stay in the pose while breathing normally. Raise the corners of your mouth as though you were smiling.
These practices would not only keep your hair healthy, but also help you reduce stress, manage pain and manage certain ailments much better.
Image source: Getty Images
Read more articles on Yoga.