Hair breakage happens when hair is dry and brittle. These are some of the steps you can follow to prevent hair breakage.
- Do not shampoo your hair every day. If you have to do, use a mild shampoo.
- Choose a moisturizing conditioner so that your hair gets the moisture it needs.
- Do not brush wet hair. If you have to, use your fingers to detangle your hair or use a wide-toothed comb.
- Avoid using blow dryers, curlers and straighteners as they can damage your hair and scalp.
- Also avoid the overuse of chemical treatments like perms, dyes, and relaxers too.
- Massage your hair with warm coconut, olive or mustard oil at least once a week.
- Get a trim once every three months.