Tired of seeing your love addict friend/brother/sister crying and making themselves go insane just to get a glimpse of their partner, you must be going crazy trying to deal with their love addiction. To begin with, you must know what the symptoms of love addiction are to even settle them. Other than causing emotional turmoil, bad relationships also threaten one’s future and other relations. Take a look at how you can help the sufferer get rid of love addiction.
Symptoms of Love Addiction
- A love addict understands well the feeling of love and being loved. Their relationship is the most important thing in their life.
- Love addicts are aware of their repressed condition.
- They avoid getting out of their current repressive relationship due to the fear of being alone or making changes in their lives.
- Love addicts are solely dependent on their partner and fear acknowledging the issues in their present relationship.
- They are completely consumed in their relationship as it becomes their utmost priority.
- Addicts fall prey to unrealistic expectations from their partners as they fail to withstand the stress of their relationship.
- Love addicts fall in love too often and at a rapid rate.
- At times, love addicts behave unpredictably and lose focus on their work.
Also Read: Ways to Heal a Broken Heart
Instructions to Deal with Love Addiction
- Make the sufferer realise his condition— The foremost step to deal with love addiction is to make the addict realise his/her situation. If he/she doesn’t acknowledge his/her addiction, overcoming it will be a trouble. He/she has to realise the core problem and his/her behaviour and approach toward love affairs. If he/she is educated about his/her condition, overcoming from it becomes easier.
- Psychological counselling— Once a person understands his/her problem, he/she can be guided well by a counsellor. You must tell him/her how he/she can be benefitted if he/she seeks psychological counselling.
- Acknowledging the real problem— If possible, advise your love addict friend/brother/ sister to put an end to his/her numerous love affairs. It can be tough to make him/her understand, but try your luck, it may work!
- Dealing with stress— The repression and stress associated with a bad relationship hugely leads to mental tension making the person move into a self-built shell. To overcome love addiction, the addict/sufferer must reduce his/her stress level.
You may also help the love addict acknowledge the reasons due to which he/she is suffering from love addiction. Reasons could be loneliness, lack of self-confidence and continual rejection.