A study conducted by the University of Tennessee found that obese people who consume fat-free yoghurt three times a day (as part of a low-calorie diet) can reduce up to 22% weight and 61% body fat. Moreover, people who eat yoghurt reduce 81% of the belly-fat (as compared to those who do not). Belly fat can prove to be dangerous as it can cause severe diseases to you.
Dr Gab Mirkin, the author of 'The Healthy Heart Miracle', fitness expert and sports medicine guru, says that belly fat increases your risk of sudden death. Such fat is called visceral fat, which becomes metabolically active and increases stress hormones such as cortisol. Not only this, but it also increases the inflammatory factor-like cytokine, which affects the production of insulin in our body.
Belly fat is associated with the following diseases
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Kidney damage
Advantages of curd
- Experts say that if you eat low-fat yoghurt, it prevents the fat from entering your cells (due to its high calcium elements). Fat-free yoghurt has high protein content and low carbs, sugar.
- The probiotic properties found in yoghurt help to develop healthy bacteria in our intestine. To get more health benefits of yoghurt, you should consume plain and low-fat yoghurt (without flavour and sugar).
- Amy Shapiro, the founder of Real Nutrition, says, "It needs to be noted that Greek yoghurt is a good belly fat food, especially for those who consume dairy products." It provides 14 grams of protein on every serving, and it also keeps your stomach full. It does not contain sodium (it does not cause inflammation) and can be eaten in breakfast, lunch or as a healthy snack.
Other ways to reduce belly fat
- Abandon foods that increase fat
- If you are obese, do gym or exercise to reduce fat
- Cut down on the amount of alcohol
- Take more and more fibre
- Reduce stress
Read more articles on Health News