What are the signs and Symptoms of Diabetes in Babies?
Detecting signs and symptoms of diabetes in babies are very hard as they lack clear communication. But Kepping few of the important points help in detecting diabetes signs and symptoms in babies.
It is usually hard to detect signs and symptoms of diabetes in babies as they lack clear communication skills.
Thus, the following points should be kept in mind for an early detection of diabetes which would help in the child’s healthy growth:
- Excessive urination: This might result in dehydration. The child might often feel thirsty than usual.
- Excessive hunger: Since the blood sugar has been flushed out of the body and not absorbed for energy, the baby might feel hungry very often. Also, the child loses weight due to lack of nutrients.
- Undue fatigue, drowsiness and weakness might occur in juveniles
- Babies might also feel a tingling sensation in their feet.
- Blurred vision, but which is hard to detect in babied.
- Some children also complain of stomach ache and nausea, at times.
- Some cases have revealed that there may be a fungal growth on the excreted sugar on the body.
- In such cases, the baby must be regularly taken to a paediatrician for insulin check ups and eating habits must be controlled and regulated.
Thus following points helps us in detecting signs and symptoms of diabetes in babies.
Read more articles on Diabetes Symptoms
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Apr 25, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.