The most effective and successful method of potty training is encouragement. But before you start potty training your child should be physically and emotionally ready for it. Most children around 2 years of age are ready for toilet training but remember that every child is different. Some may be older before they can be toilet trained. This is especially true for children with special needs such as a child with autism, ADHD.
Signs which tell you that your child is ready for potty training are:
- Is dry for two hours or more during daytime.
- Wakes up dry after a nap.
- Tells you when wet or dirty.
- Wants to be changed when dirty.
- At time tells you that he or she needs to go.
- Wants to behave like a good child and likes to please you.
- Can follow what you tell.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.