Weight Loss Foods - Know more about the foods that can help you in your efforts of weight loss. You would still need to continue with your healthy lifestyle regimen.
It is a fact that the right foods help drop pounds by revving up the calorie burn and curbing cravings. Following is a list of foods that can help in weight loss.
- Beef is known as a diet buster, but eating beef may help one peel off pounds. It is better to consume local organic beef since it is a healthier option. It is advisable to eat more of grilled beef or broil a four ounce serving of top round or sirloin, sliced thinly to top a salad, or mixed with veggies while preparing fajitas.
- Sometimes it is helpful to dig in to eggs and egg yolks as well. They do not harm the heart. Instead, they can help you trim inches. Omelettes and scrambled eggs are obvious choices, but if you do not have the time and patience to cook before work, bake a frittata on Sunday; chill it and nuke slices for up to a week.
- All oats are healthful, but specifically, the steel-cut and rolled varieties (minimally processed) have up to five grams of fibre per serving, thus making them the most filling choice. Instant oats contain 3 to 4 grams per serving.
- Goji berries are the chewy, tart berries that have a hunger-curbing edge over other fruits. They contain 18 amino acids, making them a surprising source of protein. They are a great option for snacking as well. One may snack on them midafternoon to stay satisfied until dinner. The calorie cost is only 35 per tablespoon.
- Lentils are a bona fide belly flattener. Consuming lentils on a regular basis helps prevent insulin spikes that cause your body to create excess fat, especially in the abdominal area. Lentils come in a variety of forms, but red and yellow cook fastest (in about 15 to 20 minutes). One may even add cooked lentils to pasta sauce for a heartier dish for pasta lovers.
- Apples have always been known as a good and healthy source of vitamins and minerals. Further, it helps keep weight gain at bay. People who ate an apple before a meal ate less amount of calories overall than those who had a different snack. Further, apples contain antioxidants that help prevent metabolic syndrome, a condition marked by excess belly fat also known as the ‘apple shape’.
- Apart from apple, many fruits such as blueberries, canteloupe, oranges, bananas, peaches, grapes, strawberries and pineapple also help cut down the body weight.
- It is also vital to include healthy fat food products such as walnuts, flaxseeds, flaxseed oil (supplement - not to cook with), avocado, almonds and extra virgin olive oil along with foods that help in weight loss in order to keep fit and healthy.
Read more articles on Weight Loss
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.