Want Well Toned Hips? Try These Two Simple Yoga Poses
- Everybody wants to get a well-toned butt
- Yoga can give you a great body if practised timely and efficiently
- Nirlamba supta pawan muktasana and utkatasana can give you a well-toned butt
It is always good to invest a little more in your body as how much you invest in your body amounts to a healthier and longer life. Here are a few of the yoga asanas to get toned hips, thighs and glutes:
Nirlamba Supta Pawan Muktasana
It is a hip-trimmer variation of a classic pose.
- Lie on your back. Inhale
- Exhaling, fold legs at knee, hugging them
- Release hands, but keep folded knees up. You may place palms flat on the ground, alongside the body
- Gently liftoff hips, so it is a few inches off the floor. Hold for as long as you can. Do thrice
- Later include this in between every set of other exercises, to intensify its hip-trimming and thigh-slimming effects
Utkatasana (Chair Squat)
Another variation of a classic pose, modified to use wall support so you can hold it for longer, to accrue benefits from it like leg- toning. Holding it longer accentuates its effect as a complete body workout.
- Stand up straight against the wall
- Inhale, raising hands overhead clasping them together in a namaste gesture
- Exhaling, slowly lower yourself in a squat, sliding against the wall. On the first few attempts; do not squat too low, especially if you have a weak back. Go only as low as you can
- Stop and press your back against the wall. Legs will be bent at knees
- Soles will be flat on the ground. Breathe and hold for as long as you can
- Relax to starting position. Repeat thrice. It is a complete body-toner, especially wearing out fat in trouble spots like back of the thighs, inside of thighs, inner legs, sides of waist and inner arms
Read more articles on Yoga.
Source: Expert Content Feb 21, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.