With our lifestyle being closely attached to modern technology, eye problems have become almost inevitable. Take a look at these yoga exercises for eyes to never let your eyes be behind glasses.
There is an obvious work pressure in office or at home. People working with computers the entire day tend to suffer from adverse effects on their eyes and health. For all the problems that we put our eyes through, let us now take measures to care for them irrespective of our age.
- Sit comfortably on a chair or in Padmasana and try to move your eyes on alternate sides ten times each without moving your neck.
- Sit in the same position as you did in the first step and move your eyes clockwise and anti-clockwise.
- Try to focus both your eyes on the tip of your nose without closing them. If your eyes start to hurt, close them for a few seconds and repeat.
- Look forcefully at the middle of the eyebrows. Do not blink your eyes. If you feel pressure or tears coming out of your eyes, shut them for sometime and repeat the exercise. This exercise is called "Shambhaui Mudra."
- Blink your eyes as fast as you can. Practice this exercise 50 to 100 times.
- Sit comfortably. Stretch your hand in front of your eyes. Fold all your fingers and fix your gaze on the thumb's tip. Slowly bring the thumb closer to the eyes, maintaining same height from the ground throughout and move the tip of the thumb away. During the whole exercise, concentrate on the thumb's tip only. Repeat at least 10 times.
- Rub both your palms with each other and as they become warm by friction, put them gently on both your eyes until they regain normal temperature. Repeat 10 times.
- Sit at ease, light a candle in front of your eyes at a distance of 1'/a yard and watch the flame until tears come out of your eyes. Practice this exercise for 5 minutes daily.
- Walk on the meadow bare foot for at least 10 minutes early morning.
- Each morning, take some water in your mouth, hold it in and splash some water on your open eyes as if washing them. Do this at least for one to two minutes.
Benefits of Practising Eye Yoga
All these exercises strengthen the eye's muscles, decrease stress, synchronise our eyeball movement and improve eyesight. It also increases the accommodating and focusing power of the eyes. People often stop using their spectacles after practicing these exercises on a daily basis.
If we keep in mind certain other things in addition to these exercises, we can contribute more to improving our eyesight.
- Do not stare continuously at the TV or Computer.
- Protect your eyes from the intense rays of the sun.
- Do not stress; control your temper.
- Take nutritive food.
- Wash your eyes with Trifalla water kept overnight.
- Do not read a book in train, bus or under dim light.
- Put 2 drops of rose-water in your eyes before going to bed.
- Be positive
- Do not stop your tears forcefully by holding them back as doing so may adversely affect the eye muscles.
- Always use quality cosmetics.
Read more articles on Yoga.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.