Vishnu Asana to Tone your Body
- Vishnu asana is performed lying down on a flat surface
- It helps burn the fat around the waist and strengthens muscles
- Make sure you choose a completely flat surface to perform the asana
Vishnu asana or lying-down on sides work on the pelvic building muscles and the hamstrings muscles. The asana gets its name from Indian god Vishnu who is usually pictured lying on his sides. The asana is very effective in strengthening the muscles and promotes the functioning of a prostate gland, gonads and pelvic muscles by augmenting blood supply to these areas
The asana is easy allowing almost everyone to perform it. You can try it anywhere, all you need is 10-15 minutes and a flat comfortable surface to lie down on. The pose is effective in reducing fat from the waist, adore handles and middle thighs. It can also come handy as your natural home remedy to cure a backache and prevent a hernia.
How to Perform It
The Vishnu asana is performed on a flat surface where you can lie down on your sides. Here are the quick steps to perform the asana.
- To begin with, lie down on a mat or directly on the floor and roll over to your right side. Make sure you are in a comfortable position.
- Now move your right hand up and below your neck. Raise your head so that your body above your chest is off the ground and support your head and neck on the palm of the right arm. Make sure your hand and rest of the body is not feeling any stress. If there is a stress point, adjust your position to ease it.
- Now stretch your legs outwards without changing the position. Now slowly raise your left leg off the ground without bending it. Take it as higher as you can while maintaining the side pose and try to hold your leg with the left hand. You can hold the feet or you can simply hold around the calf if you are unable to reach the feet. Hold the position for around 3-4 minutes and move your leg. Raise and hold your leg again for at least 5 times.
- Now gradually roll over to the left side and get into the side pose with your left hand supporting your head. Raise and hold the right leg with the right hand for as many times you did with the left leg. Make sure you perform the asana slowly without rushing through any step. It will help you get maximum benefits and avoid injuries. You can relax on your back for a couple of minutes before switching sides.
Image Source: Getty
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 08, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.