Treatment for Chikungunya Arthritis
Treatment for Chikungunya Arthritis is available through both Allopathy and Ayurveda. Chickungunya Arthritis Treatment is time consuming but persistent effort can help in relieving pain. Read on to know more.
A bout of chikungunya fever can severely affect the joints of the body. Resulting pain can last for up to a year, if not attended to in time. However, in most patients the pain recedes in about 2 weeks. Those diagnosed with chikungunya arthritis, suffer a lot of pain and it also affects their mobility. There is a wide variety of available treatments for the same.
Allopathic Treatment for Chikungunya Arthritis
Chikungunya arthritis cannot be treated with the mere use of drugs like Asprin.
- A 250 mg daily dosage of Chloroquine Phosphate has been proven to be apt treatment for chikungunya arthritis in many cases. The drug acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and relieves crippling pain.
- Research has also suggested that the use of the drug Ribavirin has also been successful in treating chikungunya arthritis. The drug effectively eases the pain in the ankles and other joints in most cases.
- Another allopathic method of treating chikungunya arthritis is long term anti-inflammatory therapy that helps in reducing pain.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Chikungunya Arthritis
Ayurveda is supposed to be extremely beneficial in subduing chikungunya arthritic pain.
- The best known ayurvedic drug for treating chikungunya arthritis is Arthoven. It has herbal properties and ingredients such as Dashamoola and Punarnava which are effective in reducing the swelling of joints and ease pain.
- There are also many ayurvedic massages and therapies that help in boosting the immunity of the body. A healthy immunity system then attacks the viral antigens that are both directly and indirectly related to chikungunya arthritis.
- Ayurveda also suggests some rejuvenation medicines and therapies that positively influence an individual suffering from chikungunya arthritis. It helps them fight against the ailment and lead a healthy life.
Although there is no exact cure for treating chikungunya arthritis, its symptoms can be effectively controlled with the help of medicines and a healthy diet. It is important to lead a healthy lifestyle so that the pain related with chikungunya arthritis can be kept in check.
Read more articles on Chikungunya Treatment
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Mar 17, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.