Do you always wonder what you must include in your travel health essentials? Not anymore! Quickly read through the top 10 travel essentials which you must carry for your travel.
Mini medicine Cabinet
- Make sure you’re carrying medicine kit which would definitely help you cope with minor or major illnesses. For instance for minor injuries you can use bandages, scissors, fabric plasters, antiseptic creams, safety pins and tweezers.
- You can also carry some medicines for common cold and flu and travel sickness but only on doctor’s prescription.
You wash kit must have the following –
- Hair gel.
- Shaving cream.
- Nail clippers.
- Tampon or sanitary napkins.
- UVA and UVB rays emitted by sun can be extremely dangerous for your skin. You must, therefore, make it a habit that you keep a high SPF sunscreen which has “broad spectrum” labelled on it.
- Do not buy or use creams which are past their expiry dates.
Protect yourself from insect bite and at dusk and dawn by using insect repellents. It must have DEET (N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide) and used with precaution. Insect repellents are available in sticks, roll-ons, sprays and creams.
- Do not apply on wounds, cuts and rashes
- Do not use an insect repellent under clothing.
- Avoid too much of it.
- For children below 3 years use eucalyptus oil.
Mosquito nets are used in places where other insect-borne diseases are quite common. And, if you’re traveling to such a country then it is better if you bring along a mosquito net. You need to make sure that it is impregnated with permethrin—substance widely used as insect repellent.
Antihistamines control allergy symptoms like skin rashes or breathing difficulties. These are available in form of tablets, creams and nasal sprays. But beware because these can alleviate your allergy symptoms. And produce side effects like headache, dizziness dry nose and mouth and stomach upset. So, always consult a doctor before you stack up antihistamines despite it essential presence in your travel kit.
When on the run anti-diarrhoea pills can help you relieve any symptoms of diarrhoea. They increase water absorption and slow down the disturbed bowel movement.
Carry rehydration sachets
To combat dehydration rehydration sachets will prevent further loss of water. You can buy rehydration sachets from local pharmacy add the content in the sachet to water. This will create a balance of water, salt and sugar in your body.
Condoms & Contraceptive pills
Those who are sexually active, we advise that you carry condoms with you. Buy good quality condoms to avoid the risk of buying fake brand condoms. Store them in cool and dry place because heat can cause damage. Keep it away from oil-based products like baby body lotion and baby oil. Women can use contraceptive pills to keep away the blues of becoming pregnant.
Travel Sewing Kit
This will help you sew holes in your mosquito net and even clothes and backpack. Make sure you take a few lesson in stitching too!
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.