5 Tips to Prevent Dry Skin
Dry skin could be a result of several health problems. Whatever the causes, dry, scaly skin can be a cause of major concern and worry. Although, deep rooted causes would warrant medical interventions for cure, the more common ones can be addressed at home. Normally, dry skin is quite common in men and women of all ages. Common tips to prevent dry skin involve some simple practices.
Tips to Prevent Dry Skin
- Make sure you drink plenty of water, every day. Around 2 to 3 litres of water should be taken on a daily basis. Sufficient water consumption will keep your skin hydrated and will make it appear soft and healthy. Depriving your inner system from adequate water supply will aggravate dry skin related problems.
- Wash your face to keep it clean and rejuvenated. However, make sure you do it right. So, one of the essential tips to prevent dry skin would be to refrain from using harsh soaps and cleansers. Additionally, never wash your skin too often. This will wash off the natural oils from the skin. Ideally, your facial skin should be washed only twice or thrice a day with a pH balanced face wash, which is mild and natural.
- Always remember to moisturise your skin after a wash. The choice of the moisturiser should be a well deliberated one. Make sure you choose a perfume and lanolin free moisturiser for sensitive skin. For an ultra dry complexion, creams would be more suited than moisturisers. Make sure you check on the vital ingredients of your moisturising compounds before applying them.
- Always make sure you resort to a sunscreen lotion in case your skin is exposed to sunlight for considerable periods of time. A sunscreen compound with moisturising properties would be most suited. Choose a sun protection factor of 15 or more.
- One of the most essential tips to prevent dry skin would be to indulge in a 30 minutes exercise schedule, around thrice to four times a week. Exercise will not only help in keeping your system healthy, it will also aid the secretion of natural oils in the skin. As a result, there would be lesser incidences of dry skin and the skin would remain soft and supple.
These simple measures can truly help in combating dry skin problems effectively. Make sure, you resort to medical advice however, if these tips to prevent dry skin prove inadequate to manage the problem.
Read more articles on Dry Skin Prevention
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Nov 15, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.