Dengue Prevention Tips: Dengue fever infection is dangerous and recovery can be tough if the symptoms are severe. Find out some tips on how to cope with dengue fever.
Tips on preventing dengue infection
- Wear protective clothing like long pants and long-sleeved shirts.
- Close the windows at dawn and dusk (active mosquito times) to prevent mosquitoes from entering your house.
- Apply DEET insect repellent on your exposed skin to prevent mosquito bites
- Use flying-insect spray in sleeping area to kill mosquitoes.
- In dengue endemic areas preferably sleep under a mosquito net
- Remove stagnant water from places where mosquitoes can breed--- like coolers, old tires, pools, rain barrels, buckets, plastic covers or any other container
- Keep stored water covered
Tips for home treatment of dengue fever
- Take adequate rest
- Drink plenty of fluids like oral rehydration solution, fresh juice, soups, coconut water. This will help to prevent dehydration due to vomiting and high fever.
- Do tepid sponging to reduce fever
- Take acetaminophen to reduce pain and control fever.
- Avoid aspirin or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen. These drugs increase the risk of bleeding complications.
Read more articles on Dengue Prevention
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.