Men's Health Issues: BEWARE! Have you watched out for these signs of thyroid in males?
Thyroid problems occur mostly in women. But due to unbalanced lifestyle, this problem is also increasing in men. Thyroid symptoms are very similar in men and women. In the initial stages, this disease can cause weight gain, tiredness and muscle weakness. These minor symptoms make it challenging to recognize the condition. So how to identify thyroid and what is its treatment. What is Thyroid? It is a type of endocrine glands that produces two hormones called triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (Th4) in the body. The function of these hormones is to maintain metabolic activity. How does this disease occur? This disease is caused by more or less active thyroid gland. There are two types of the thyroid. The first is hyperthyroidism and the second is hypothyroidism. Thyroid symptoms in men also depend on its type.
What is hyperthyroidism?
In this situation, the thyroid gland starts producing excessive thyroid hormone in the body, which is known as "overactive thyroid". This affects the heart. Due to which the beats become faster. This also weakens the muscles and also negatively affects the physical ability of men.
Symptoms of hyperthyroidism in men
- The symptoms of this type of thyroid are not understood in the early stages. Because they are mostly attached to the inner parts, a person's interest in hyperthyroidism begins to wane from sex. Because the thyroid hormones in the body of men start to become more, they are at risk of erectile dysfunction. In this, the Sperm Count of men is reduced.
- A male may be unable to become a father if afflicted with this disease because excessive production of thyroid hormone can cause men to have sex-related problems. This can lead to a lack of testosterone in the body of men.
- The bones of men can become weak due to over-active thyroid gland. This can increase joint pain, the difficulty of standing for a long time, etc. There is also a fear of the bones becoming hollow as the disease progresses, which is called osteoporosis.
- Many men may behave like women when suffering from hyperthyroidism. Because during this time, the hormones of women can increase in their body. However, the specific disease can be detected only through investigation.
What is Hypothyroidism?
In this disease, the thyroid gland does not make enough hormones to meet the needs of the body. This causes problems like fatigue, insomnia, and irritability.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism in men
- In this condition, fatigue starts in some work. The person cannot work by standing for long, and muscles begin to stretch. At the same time, there is pain and cramps in the body.
- In hypothyroidism, bodyweight starts increasing. This causes swelling in the mouth and body.
- Men may also complain of constipation due to insufficient hormones. It does not clean the stomach properly.
- Cholesterol level increases in this disease. Apart from this, there may be a problem of chills, excessive sleepiness, memory loss and loss of heartbeat.
- This disease can also be hereditary in men. If someone in your family has had thyroid disease, then it can reach you through jeans.
Read More in Men's Health
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.