10 Celebrities who battled Breast Cancer - Get some info about the celebrities who had to suffer from breast cancer. List of 10 celebrities who battled breast cancer in different ways.
Breast cancer has always been a matter of agony in women. As the disease grows deadlier, here are ten life-changing stories of celebrity women who fought breast cancer:
- Sex and the City starrer Cynthia Nixon suffered from a cancerous tumour in her right breast. She underwent radiation and has fully recovered now. In her interviews, she mentioned that it was hard to keep the paparazzi away from her treatment procedures as everybody wanted to know about the improvement in her condition. Today, she serves as a motivation for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure internationally.
- Sheryl Crow comes next in our inspiring celebrity stoires. She was diagnosed with breast cancer at 44. After undergoing seven to eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy sessions in both her breasts, she has now fully recovered. She is, at present, funding for all the research institutes that conduct experiments on the environmental factors that cause breast cancer.
- Edie Falco was diagnosed of breast cancer at the age of 40. She kept it under wraps until it was entirely cured and then returned to the sets of her TV serial Sopranos with shorter hair. She handled her surgery very bravely and therefore, is among the the top ten celebrities who battled breast cancer.
- The famous Australian singer Kylie Minogue discovered a lump in her breast at the age of 36. She battled and defeated breast cancer after undergoing partial mastectomy, chemotherapy sessions and several sessions of radiation.
- Mother of three and John Edward’s ex-wife Elizabeth Edwards discovered a huge lump in her right breast in 2004. Despite of repeated chemotherapy sessions, her cancer spread on to her ribs, bones and lungs. She died at the age of 61.
- The most popular TV show Good Morning America host, Robin Roberts, diagnosed a lump in her breast all by herself and symptoms related to it. She is now clear of all cancer cells.
- Ex-model Jaclyn Smith from the famous television series Charlie’s Angels was diagnosed with lumps in her breast in 2002. Having been cured completely, she is now actively involved with groups who promote awareness on breast cancer.
- Christina Applegate was diagnosed with cancer in one of her breasts in 2008. She was only 36 then. As of now, she has opted for mastectomy of the affected breast and will later go for a breast reconstruction. This is because she fears the spreading of cancer cells to other parts of the body. Post the treatment, she plans to launch a foundation that will cater to cases of high risk breast cancer for women who cannot afford an MRI. This is the most promising breast cancer survival story in the recent times.
- Rockstar Melissa Etheridge had detected a lump in her right breast and had lost all her hair in chemotherapy sessions that followed the diagnosis. In fact, she was forced to perform bald in her recent rock concerts. She is now fully cured. Her famous song “I Run for Life” is inspired from this struggle in her life.
- Grey’s Anatomy starrer Diahann Carroll was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 63. She surprisingly had no family history of any disease and underwent a lumpectomy and was finally cured by the end of 2000. Her book titled The Legs Are the Last to Go: Aging, Acting, Marrying & Other Things I Learned The Hard Way has been an inspiration to many women across the globe.
The only way one can get rid of breast cancer is to undergo an early diagnosis. Pink October is a worldwide breast awareness campaign in function since 1985, fighting diligently for the cause of breast cancer.
Read more articles on Understand Breast Cancer
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.