Sundays are to stay back at home, to laze around in your pajamas and have great food. Talking about great food, Indian cuisine is full of varieties. This Sunday, let’s enjoy another Indian treat, chickpea and coconut gravy.
This is a south Indian delicacy. This dish is creamy and irresistible. You can have it with boiled rice or chapatti.
- Chick pea - 1 cup (soaked in water)
- Grated coconut – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Dry red chillies – 3
- Washed black gram/lentils or as commonly known as urad ki dal – 1 teaspoon
- Black mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida/heeng – ¼ teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 2
How to prepare
- Take one non-stick deep pan and boil 2 cups of water in it. Add the soaked chickpea and salt. Now, cover with lid and cook.
- Now, take another non-sticky pan and heat oil in it.
- Add dry chilly to the hot oil. Then add the Washed black gram/lentils/ dhuli urad ki dal and Black mustard seeds. Cook for a minute.
- Add Asafoetida/heeng , curry leaves and dry chillies, mix and sauté well.
- Now, cover it and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the grated coconut and cook on low flame for a minute.
Read more articles on Healthy Recipes.