Sundays are for delicious chick pea and coconut gravy
- Indian dishes have varieties.
- Sundays call for something scrumptious.
- South Indian delicacies will have coconut in them.
- Chickpea and coconut dal is healthy and easy to make.
Sundays are to stay back at home, to laze around in your pajamas and have great food. Talking about great food, Indian cuisine is full of varieties. This Sunday, let’s enjoy another Indian treat, chickpea and coconut gravy.
This is a south Indian delicacy. This dish is creamy and irresistible. You can have it with boiled rice or chapatti.
- Chick pea - 1 cup (soaked in water)
- Grated coconut – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Dry red chillies – 3
- Washed black gram/lentils or as commonly known as urad ki dal – 1 teaspoon
- Black mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida/heeng – ¼ teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 2
How to prepare
- Take one non-stick deep pan and boil 2 cups of water in it. Add the soaked chickpea and salt. Now, cover with lid and cook.
- Now, take another non-sticky pan and heat oil in it.
- Add dry chilly to the hot oil. Then add the Washed black gram/lentils/ dhuli urad ki dal and Black mustard seeds. Cook for a minute.
- Add Asafoetida/heeng , curry leaves and dry chillies, mix and sauté well.
- Now, cover it and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the grated coconut and cook on low flame for a minute.
Read more articles on Healthy Recipes.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Mar 11, 2016
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.