Everyone wants to stay safe while they travel and why not? One of the most common illnesses that traveller’s suffer from are common cold and diarrhoea. It is caused by undue exposure to bacterias and viruses.
Here are a few ways to stay healthy and fight viral and bacterial attacks during your travel stay:
Always Carry a Medicine kit
It must have the following:
- Antibiotic cream.
- Antiseptic cream.
- Aspirin and paracetamol.
- Antihistamine containing diphenhydramine.
- Band aids.
- Common cold and flu medication.
- Doctor’s tape.
- Gauze roller bandages.
- Crepe bandage.
- Nasal drops.
- Non absorbable antibiotic for travellers’ diarrhoea
- Oral rehydration salts.
- Instruments such as tweezers, scissors and syringe.
Clean drinking water is a must:
- If going to a restaurant always ask for bottled water.
- Wipe cans and bottles before sipping water.
- Avoid putting ice cubes in water.
- Use straw while drinking from a bottle or a can.
- You must not swallow water while brushing or bathing.
- Stay hydrated.
Do not compromise on hygiene and learn the difference between safe and unsafe food. This is how you can survive food poisoning:
Eat Hygienic Foods:
- Canned food.
- Organic food.
- Freshly cooked food.
- Fruits and vegetables that you can peel yourself.
- Cream from sealed containers but only if pasteurized.
- Breads and grains such as rice.
Avoid Unhealthy Foods like:
- Cut fruits from the market.
- Tampered food packs.
- Raw or under-cooked food.
- Cheese, yogurt and other unpasteurized dairy products.
- Unsealed mayonnaise.
Carry Medical Records
It must include:
- Copies of your prescription with generic names of medications.
- Details of your health insurance provider.
- Identification card.
- Details of your chronic health illness like diabetes and blood pressure.
- List of Allergies to food and medicines.
Be assured that if you religiously follow the aforementioned health tips you are going to have a healthy travel time. Moreover, you will be miles ahead of any illnesses of which you were otherwise scared of.
Leave home healthy and return on healthier note!
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.