Significance of Panchakarma Treatment
Ayurveda is one of the oldest healing sciences which originated in the ancient lands of India about 5000 years ago. Ayurveda is a holistic, curative and preventative system of health which has been used for both physical and psychological benefits. Ayurveda can be considered as a way of life that promotes happy, healthy and disease free long life and not only as a kind of healing science for treatment of diseases.
Ayurveda uses diet modification, massage and meditation, and detoxification process such as panchakarma treatment and other herbal health remedies to make the body healthier and more receptive to medicines and treatment. All these processes hasten the healing process. Read on to know about the significance of panchakarma treatment in maintenance of health and treatment of diseases.
- Ayurveda considers that when toxins accumulate in your body you begin to feel negative emotions such as fury, hatred, or loathing, and tumble out of balance and as a side effect of this you have sickness or diseases. Panchakarma is a detoxification procedure which helps to purify, revive, and rejuvenate a person back to his naturally good health.
- Panchakarma (five therapies) is the ayurvedic procedure to cleanse the body of toxic materials accumulated due to disease and/or poor nutrition. Panchkarma by cleansing the toxins from the body helps you to re-achieve balance of the three doshas (the three energies that govern all biological functions) and longevity. The 5 therapeutic ways of removing toxins from a person’s body are Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamoskshana. The removal of toxins from the body by panchkarma makes a person feel well and happy for it removes negative feelings and restores the equilibrium of the three doshas.
Some Benefits of Panchkarma Treatment
- Removal of impurities from the body.
- Restoration of equilibrium and harmony in the body.
- Removal of negativity and enhancement of an optimistic feeling, improvement of mental, physical, and emotional well-being, and an enhanced sense of self worth.
- Overall improvement of health and well-being.
Ayurveda can be considered as way of life that can be beneficial for anyone who desires changes within every aspect of his or her world. Take the first step towards living a healthier lifestyle and adopting Ayurveda and its principles.
Click to know about Panchkarma Therapy
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jun 27, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.