Consult a doctor if you feel scar tissue (plaques) or lump under the skin of the penis, have pain in the penis, the bend or curvature of the penis appears to have changed and erectile dysfunction.
Peyronie’s disease most commonly affects middle aged men (40 to 60 years old), but younger and older men can also develop it. According to different studies, the prevalence of Peyronie’s disease ranges from less than 1 percent to 23 percent. Noticing a lump or unusual bend in the penis can be a frightening experience for any man.
Consult a doctor if:
- You feel scar tissue (plaques) or lump under the skin of the penis.
- The bend or curvature of the penis appears to have changed (it may be curved upward, downward or bent to one side).
- You have problems getting or maintaining an erection (erectile dysfunction). Erectile dysfunction (or impotence) may vary from a complete inability to attain and/or maintain an erection to a slight reduction in penile rigidity.
- The penis appears shorter (as a result of scar tissue).
- You have pain during an erection, orgasm or if the penis is touched.
These are some symptoms that may occur in men with Peyronies disease. If you have one or more of the above symptoms, it does not mean that you have Peyronies disease. Consult your doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
Consult a doctor immediately if:
- There is a lump on the penis, which enlarges rapidly. Your doctor can evaluate if it is a carcinoma.
Who to consult
Health professionals, who can be consulted, if you have any of the above symptoms include:
- General practitioner.
- Family physician.
- Nurse practitioner.
- Physician assistant.
Read more articles on Curvature of the Penis.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.