Know why Feminine Hygiene Products are not that Important
- You don't really need feminine hygiene products
- Your private organs need attention but fancy products are not needed
- A warm water wash is enough sometimes
Being a woman how often do you think twice before making use of a public restroom or maybe just quit the thought of even using it? We all are a bit sceptical about using public toilets because we all are concerned about our vaginal hygiene. And I don’t really think that being concerned about feminine hygiene is a bad thing, being cautious can spare us a lot of trouble. However, how important are feminine hygiene products? The ones that are available in the market, how effective are they? The fact is that you do not need any feminine hygiene product.
If you are cleaning your vagina with some warm water, it will be fine. Not many people aware of the fact that vagina is an acidic region, protecting against the bacteria naturally all by itself. If you are washing it or cleaning it with fancy feminine hygiene products, you are tampering with the pH level of vagina and it can also promote growth of yeast and bacteria in vagina.
How you can maintain feminine hygiene without making use of feminine hygiene?
Practicing Good Feminine Hygiene
- You should not use deodorants, perfumes and powder in the vaginal region. It would not kill the odour down there because most of the times, the bad smell is from the inner thighs and the skin folds. In order, to resolve the issue, you should maintain a healthy weight and take care of the cellulite on the thighs. Take up exercises and work on your thighs
- You should avoid wearing fashionable underpants like things and tight panties made of silk and other synthetic fabrics instead choose cotton underpants as they are the healthiest for your vagina. You can also consider going all natural while going to sleep. Yes, sleeping with no panties or underpants on can let your vagina breathe properly
- Wear loose fitting pants and pajamas while sleeping. Maintain a proper hygiene and wash your panties regularly and wash them separate from other clothes
- During periods, use tampons or menstrual cups and change them frequently to avoid formation of bacteria and yeast
- Avoid wearing pantyhose and panties that are way too tight
Read more articles in Women's Health.
For more such stories, Download Onlymyhealth App.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 09, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.