Implantation bleeding is an early sign of pregnancy. It is sometimes confused with light menstruation cycle. Read the full article to know everything about implantation bleeding..
Spotted light bleeding light pink or brown spots?? You mistake it with light periods. It can be implantation bleeding.
What is implantation bleeding?
Implantation bleeding is one type of bleeding that may occur in early pregnancy. It generally happens 6 to 14 days after conception and is light short duration spotting or bleeding.
Some doctors believe that implantation bleeding is the time when an embryo attaches itself to the lining of the uterus. However, not everyone will experience some type of implantation bleeding or spotting. Some women don’t even get implantation bleeding and some don’t even notice it. This is also different from vaginal bleeding which is reported anytime till the eight weeks of pregnancy.
How to identify your spotting as an implanting or menstruation?
Spotting is very common before the menstruation cycle. So your light bleeding pregnancy related?
- Implantation bleeding appears like light spotting or a light consistently flowing light liquid which requires a liner or light pad.
- Take note of the consistency and color of the bleeding. A fresher bleed will look like dark red, blood may look pink or orange and older blood may look brown due to oxidation.
- It is diagnosed through a process of elimination.
- If after spotting you experience heavy bleeding please go to your doctor, this can be a case of miscarriage.
Other symptoms of pregnancy
If you are the one who is not sure of implantation bleeding and confuses it with regular light periods, look for other signs. There are some other early pregnancy symptoms to watch for so that you can head to doctor for your final pregnancy test.
- Food aversion
- Frequent urination
- Tenderness in breast
Time for the pregnancy test
If you are sure of having implantation bleeding than take a pregnancy test. Home Pregnancy test kits give 99% accurate results. This test can even tell your pregnancy indications from the second day of being pregnant as they pick up the pregnancy hormone human chorionic gonadotropin ( HCG).
- This hormone doubles every two to three days in early pregnancy in concentration.
- The test comes out to be positive or negative depending upon the sensitivity and embryo implantation inside the uterus.
- If you are still not satisfied with your test, go to your doctor for sure.
Consulting a doctor
Also read: How to Breastfeed a Newborn?
It is important to go to your doctor if you spot implantation bleeding or heavy bleeding or expecting a baby. Doctor’s test is 100% right so you can get an assurance of your pregnancy condition.
Even after getting a positive home test, visit your doctor so that you can take care of yourself and the baby inside you from the first month of pregnancy.
After getting implantation bleeding related to pregnancy or light bleeding related to menstruation, you need to take care of your health and diet.
- Go for a walk every day.
- Add lots of vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Go to regular checkup.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle.
Read more on Women's Health
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.