How to hide a tattoo with makeup
- Get a concealer that is at least two shades lighter than your skin tone.
- Then get a darker concealer to layer the tattoo well.
- Keep a translucent powder handy to set the concealer.
- You may use your fingers to blend the concealer.
If you had watched Tanu weds Manu returns closely, you would have propped on your seat for launching a blooper when Tanu’s tattoo at the nape of her neck slipped off from Dattu’s collar. Or perhaps, felt charitable because there is nothing worse than being judged by a strange interviewer when your strategically placed jewellery gives way to reveal a contemptuous tattoo. Sure, you do not wanna risk a disorder. So, we decided to take cues from the damage control that Kangana Ranaut’s makeup artist did on Dattu and compile this step-by-step guide on how to hide a tattoo with makeup.
Things to get
1. A concealer does what it says: it conceals. So, buy a waterproof concealer that is specifically designed to hide marks and not the usual blemishes that can be easily hidden with a stroke of foundation. When you have found just the right concealer type, make sure the shade you pick is two shades lighter than your complexion so you can balance out the tattoo’s dark ink.
2. Get another concealer that is a couple of shades darker than the first one. Both can be used for best coverage. You will also easily find concealers that are especially made for concealing tattoos.
3. You will also need translucent powder that does not make the cover-up appear caked.
4. You need not invest in expensive makeup tools to hide the tattoo. You can probably buy a makeup sponge or even use your fingers and a big brush to dust on the powder.
Start by cleansing your skin as this will give your makeup a fresh palette to be applied to. Gently blot on a layer of the light-colored concealer with the help of a makeup sponge. You may also use your fingers to spread the concealer to smoothen it. Make sure you do not rub the makeup in as that will prevent the product from truly blending in. Blotching not only provides good coverage, but it also helps in conserving the makeup products. Let the concealer dry to apply a layer of translucent powder on top of the concealer using a powder brush. That completes the first layer of concealing.
Add a little of the darker concealer to the light concealer and mix the two together in the palm of your hand. Now, gently blot the blended mixture on the tattoo until it is perfectly smooth. Finally, dust again using translucent powder.
To get the perfect cover up, you will need to keep layering the products, gradually using more of the darker concealer. Once your tattoo has been sufficiently covered, using your hair spray, finish the concealing with a light spritz. The hair spray will set the concealer in a spotless fashion.
Read more articles on Beauty Treatments & Body Surgeries.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team May 30, 2015
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.