Chikungunya Treament: How to recover from chikungunya? Chikungunya is a viral disease that is transmitted to humans through the bite of infected Aedes Aepypti mosquito. Here are some of the ways of recovering from Chikungunya fever.
Chikungunya (Sandhi Jwara) is a viral disease that is transmitted to humans through the bite of infected Aedes Aepypti mosquito. This mosquito introduces virus into the bloodstream and the virus fuses to plasma membrane of the host. Main symptoms of chikungunya fever include body and joint pain, nausea and vomiting, headache and malaise. The World Health Organisation has not yet come up with specific treatment plan for dealing with chikungunya. However, there is no reason to panic as chikungunya is a self-limiting infection.
Here are some of the ways for recovering from symptoms of chikungunya.
The patient with chikungunya can have fever up to 104°F accompanied by extreme arthralgia (joint pain). Paracetamol when given in first few days is helpful for recovering from Chikungunya fever. Some ways of recovering from Chikungunya symptoms include:
- It is essential to take sound sleep and maintain a healthy lifestyle by increasing intake of fruits and vegetables.
- Increased intake of grapes and carrot is also helpful in fighting with these severe symptoms.
- Basil leaves can be taken for reducing intensity of fever.
- If there is persistent chronic pain then you can go for vaccination under medical supervision.
- Must avoid proximity to the mosquito breeding sites as it can increase the significant risk for others as well.
- Simple exercises are recommended for recovering from joint pain.
Time is the best healer for chikungunya. Most of the get relived from the infection of chikungunya virus overtime and without much medical assiatance. Improving immunity helps in recovering from chikungunya fast.
Read more articles on Chikungunya Treatment
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.