Look at the ideas to quickly get rid of bad dandruff.
Dandruff (seborrheic dermatitis) is a common hair condition that involves an itchy and flaky scalp. It appears as white flakes (bad dandruff) on the scalp and hair and often tends to fall onto the shoulders. Bad dandruff is an embarrassing problem. Anti-dandruff shampoos are the solution out of the problem, but they need more time to work and provide you relief.
Take a look at some of the ways to hide your dandruff to save you from embarrassment:
- Choose a light colour to wear. Bad dandruff gets reflected on dark colours, such as black, royal blue, and bottle green. Wearing dark shades will highlight their appearance and draw attention. So, it is safe to say that you should opt for lighter colours.
- Wear a cap or a hat to hide dandruff. This could also be your chance to make a fashion statement. Match the caps and hats with the attire you choose, as you will be more embarrassed if you head gear doesn’t go right.
- Moisturise your scalp with a massage skin moisturiser or oil. This should be ideally done half an hour before taking a bath. Follow it up with a moisturising conditioner.
- If your scalp is oily, choose a shampoo and conditioner formulated for oily hair. Moreover, cold water should be used for shampooing as it will help close pores and will give you much needed relief from flaking problem. If you’re facing flaking, use dandruff control shampoo every other day or daily. While buying a shampoo to treat bad dandruff, make sure it is a zinc pyrithione, tar-based, selenium sulfide, ketoconazole or salicylic acid shampoo.
- Make sure your diet takes care of hair health. Food options shouldn't be high in sugar content. Rather, include food options laden with vitamin B-complex to relieve the dandruff. Moreover, fish oil supplements and foods high in zinc or omega-3 fatty acids helps treat bad dandruff.
- Stay away from blow-dryer as it causes scalp to dry out and cause dandruff. When using a dryer, keep it at a distance of 10 inches from your scalp.
- One should stay stress-free as it interferes with everyday activities and diverts your attention from taking good care if yourself.
- Get a haircut that helps you hide your dandruff. Men can shave their head to get rid of it entirely, but women may not like the solution. Women should get a hairdo or hair styled in such a way that serves dual purpose of making a fashion statement and hiding bad dandruff too, Make sure you get a haircut in which you are comfortable.
Aforementioned ideas can enable you hide your dead skin cells, which are your biggest worry of the moment. Don’t make yourself more uncomfortable, but try these ideas to make public appearances freely again.
Read more articles on Hair Care
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.