Children with a learning disability have difficulty understanding, remembering and responding to new information. If a learning disability is not treated diligently it can affect self-esteem and self confidence with long-term effects. Most of the learning disorders cannot be cured and children with learning disabilities usually need special education, but your encouragement can play a huge role in helping.
- Focus on your child’s strengths, interests and abilities, and help them to use their abilities to overcome their limitations.
- Praise and reward them for accomplishments. Make them feel loved and secure as they need ample reassurance to boost their confidence.
- Correct their mistakes with patience. Show them how to do a task properly.
- Give them toys and games, and encourage other activities that will stimulate their brain development. Work with them on age-appropriate workbooks and puzzles
- You can help reading and language development by reading together every day.
- Provide an environment that will improve their ability to concentrate by reducing distractions.
- Encourage them to interact socially, by playing with their peers and helping out at home.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.