How to Get Your Toddler to Sleep?
Sleep time problems don’t end with your toddler moving from crib to bed. They merely change from crying in the middle of the night for feed to not wanting to go to bed. Read on to understand ways of getting your toddler to sleep.
- Allow a period of about half an hour for him to wind-down before the actual sleep time.
- Encourage healthy sleeping habits such as going early to bed (8-9 pm) and waking up early in the morning.
- Make sure he gets enough sleep, but is not overtired by bedtime as this will lead to him being fussy and contrary.
- Allow him to choose which pajamas he wants to wear, and toy he would like to take to bed.
- If your child likes music, play a soft, soothing tune, or read a story
- Make your child’s bedroom quiet and comfortable.
- Don’t let him watch television or play in his bed - the bed should only be used for sleeping.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Feb 06, 2013
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.