How to Get Your Kids to Brush Their Teeth?
Good oral health is essential for healthy teeth and gums. Proper brushing can help you to maintain good oral health. Most of us learned to brush our teeth as children and have been practicing the same technique ever since. Read on for ways to ensure that your child brushes his teeth daily.
- As soon as they develop a few teeth, get them started.
- Let them know that you also brush your teeth twice a day. This impresses upon them that it’s a good habit.
- Children often prefer to brush their own teeth, so let them do it, but they may need help until they are 6-7 years of age. Teach them proper oral hygiene like brushing twice a day and rinsing mouth after eating.
- Use the right toothbrush that is appropriate in size and texture. Do not use adult brushes with stiff or hard bristles as these are more likely to injure their gums.
- Do not use flavored toothpaste as this may encourage swallowing. Teach your child to spit the paste after brushing.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Feb 06, 2013
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.