Getting Pregnant - One can get pregnant within a month time of Intrauterine device (IUD) removal. However, if you take longer time then talk to your doctor about it.
Intrauterine device (IUD) is a small contraceptive device that is placed inside the uterus. They are available in two forms i.e. a copper containing and hormone containing devices. Depending on its type, IUD either prevents fertilisation or alters the uterus lining to prevent implantation. IUD can be used for five years and can even be removed earlier if you want to get pregnant. It is easy to get pregnant after an IUD removal.
- Once the intrauterine device is removed, your ability to conceive improves drastically. The removal of IUD is easier than its insertion. You can get pregnant within a month's time of IUD removal.
- Prepare yourself for pregnancy. Eat healthy and include vitamins and folic acid in your routine diet. In addition to this, regular exercise can also help you to be fit for pregnancy.
- Keep track of your ovulation date. This can be done by following calendar method or by taking ovulation kit that is considered giving 99% accurate results. If your menstrual cycle is of 28 days then you will probably ovulate on 14 day. In case your cycle is longer, subtract 18 days from the total number of days. Another important cue to know your ovulation time is cervical mucus, it becomes sticky and more clear.
- Have sexual intercourse during the ovulation window. These are the most fertile days of women’s menstrual cycle.
- If you face problem to conceive after IUD removal then take professional help, especially if you are more than 35 years older. If you are less than 35 years old then you can fearlessly wait to conceive after removal of IUD. However, if you and your partner think that there are certain fertility issues then it is wise to visit your doctor.
Read more articles on Getting Pregnant
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.