Know how cinnamon helps prevent diabetes, some facts need to be understood well. Preventing diabetes with precision may seem like a challenge for many.
Managing and controlling diabetes with precision may seem like a challenge for many. A simple lifestyle and attitudinal changes, however, can actually make a huge impact. Apart from only resorting to effective medication for managing blood sugar levels, one must also make use of herbs and seasonings that help in managing blood sugar levels effectively. One such effective seasoning agent is cinnamon. Apart from lending a distinctly endearing taste to the dishes of your choice, cinnamon is also known for its promising medicinal qualities, the foremost being regulating blood sugar levels. To understand how cinnamon helps prevent diabetes, some facts need to be understood well.
How Cinnamon Helps Prevent Diabetes
Some of the ways in which cinnamon helps in preventing and managing diabetes include:
- When you season high carbohydrate foods with cinnamon, it significantly reduces the impact it is likely to have on your blood glucose levels. For instance, cinnamon reduces the speed at which the stomach empties itself once the meal has been completed. Therefore, it will prevent blood sugar levels from rising too much. Therefore, diabetics can actually enjoy an occasional binge of high carbohydrate foods when they choose cinnamon as seasoning.
- Cinnamon is also known to help people suffering from type 2 diabetes. They can improve the ability of diabetics to respond to insulin, normalising blood sugar levels in the process. Apart from stimulating insulin receptors, they also inhibit the enzyme that activates these receptors. Therefore, the ability of the cells to utilise glucose is significantly enhanced. Hence, blood glucose would be automatically controlled.
- Diabetes is also associated with deterioration in cardiovascular health. Cinnamon attempts to reduce the associated complications by reducing triglycerides and bad cholesterol. Hence, the comprehensive value of cholesterol also comes down. Therefore, cardiac health is taken care of.
- How cinnamon helps prevent diabetes can also be analysed in the way it helps in improving insulin activity. When insulin activity is improved, it automatically keeps blood glucose levels in control and keeps diabetes at bay.
- Cinnamon is also known to improve insulin signaling thus, managing insulin resistance. Therefore, it is considered highly effective in blood sugar management.
- Cinnamon is also a powerhouse of antioxidants and contributes substantially towards managing diabetes related complications.
If you are suffering from a specific health complication, however, make sure you seek complete guidance from your doctor before resorting to extensive usage of this seasoning. Any new inclusion in diet must always be ratified by your doctor.
Read more articles on Diabetes Treatment
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.