How to choose a shampoo for your hair type?
How to choose a shampoo for your hair type? Before you choose your shampoo, you need to find out what type of hair you have.
Before you choose your shampoo, you need to find out what type of hair you have. Your hair may be oily, dry, normal or a combination type, or colored, or prone to dandruff. You can consult a hair stylist to determine your hair type. Once you know your hair type, this is how you can choose your shampoo.
- If you have healthy and shiny hair, choose a shampoo for normal hair.
- If you have oily hair, choose a shampoo that has tea tree oil, sage oil and chamomile.
- If you have curly hair, choose a protein-based shampoo.
- If your hair has been coloured, dyed or bleached, use a color-safe shampoo.
- If you have fine hair, get protein-enriched shampoos or shampoos that contain panthenol.
- If you are prone to dandruff, get a dandruff shampoo.
Read more articles on Hair Care Basics
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Nov 23, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.