It is natural to lose 50 to 100 strands of hair a day; the strands that are shed are soon replaced by new ones.
It is natural to lose 50 to 100 strands of hair a day; the strands that are shed are soon replaced by new ones. However, sometimes the amount of hair you lose is more than the amount that is replaced. There are plenty of factors that cause excessive hair loss, i.e. stress or anxiety, recovery from illness or major surgery, or because of an imbalance of hormones in the body. As soon as you realize you are suffering from hair loss, consult a doctor. These are some of the ways you can ensure that you can prevent hair loss.
- Do not overuse shampoos, hair dyes, curling irons, straighteners, relaxers or hairdryers.
- Manage your stress by indulging in a hobby, reading books, watching television or doing yoga and meditation.
- Eat a balanced diet; you need plenty of protein, iron, calcium and silica to prevent hair loss.
- Be regular with your sleeping patterns.
- Do not braid your hair tightly and do not comb your hair when it is wet.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.