Most of the common problems of pregnancy can be effectively treated with homeopathy. The homeopathy remedies work by enhancing the body's own healing powers.
Homeopathy is suitable for pregnant women as it is a gentle but effective system of medicine. During pregnancy most women have some minor problems such as morning sickness or heartburn, but they try to avoid treatment because of their concern about the possible side effects of allopathic medicines on their unborn child.
Homeopathic medicines usually don’t cause side effects as these medications are very gentle and only a minute amount of the active ingredient is used in their preparation. The remedies work by enhancing the body's own healing powers and homeopathy considers that illness are caused by disharmony within the whole person and that it is the person who needs treatment rather than the disease alone. Most of the common problems of pregnancy can be effectively treated with homeopathy.
Morning sickness is experienced by most pregnant women during the first three months of pregnancy. If your problem is severe consult a professional homeopath. Some of the commonly used remedies include Ipecac, Nux vomica, Pulsatilla, and Sepia.
- Ipecac: Is effective in constant, severe nausea with empty belching and retching and if you have vomiting which provides no relief from nausea.
- Nux vomica: Useful if you have nausea with retching that is relieved by vomiting, sour belching, indigestion and heartburn, and uneasy sensation in the stomach.
- Pulsatilla: Useful if you have nausea with small vomitings that worsens after eating and drinking and improves if you are in the fresh air and company.
- Sepia: Useful if you have intermittent nausea that worsens in the mornings and with smell or thought of food, if you have an empty, sinking feeling in the stomach that is relieved for a while by eating.
Home remedies for morning sickness include eating a dry biscuit before getting out of bed, avoiding rich, fatty foods, eat in small quantity frequently.
Constipation is common problem in pregnancy. This is caused by the hormones which prepare the muscles of the pelvis for labour. These hormones slow down the digestive processes. If you have mild constipation changes in diet like increase in the intake of fluids (especially water), fruits and vegetables, limiting the quantity of wheat products (as the gluten can have a clogging effect) and avoiding iron tablets are helpful.
If you have constipation that is severe or bothersome consult a professional homeopath.Some of the commonly used remedies for constipation include Bryonia, Nux vomica, Sepia, and Sulphur.
- Bryonia: This is effective if you have large, hard, dry stools which are difficult to expel, and is associated with a headache (which worsens with slightest movement and irritability).
- Nux vomica: This is effective if you have frequent urge to pass a stool and you have difficulty in passing despite straining, or pass only small amounts each time; and have a feeling as if some is left behind; with piles that itch and bleed.
- Sepia: This is effective if you have to strain to pass a large, hard stool. Your stomach feels full and there is a sensation of a lump in the rectum that persists even after passing stool.
- Sulphur: This is effective if you have constipation with piles that itch, and burn, and if you feel generally restless, thirsty and sensitive to the heat.
Read more articles on Homeopathy.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.