The first step towards solving all your hair problems is recognising the nature of your hair. Hair is categorised into 3 basic types- oily, dry and normal. Here, we discuss oily and dry hair.
Oily hair: Due to over activity of oil glands of your scalp, there is more oil production, which leads to oily hair. Oily hair is usually sticky in appearance. Sometimes, oily hair are not sticky in appearance, but are rather characterised by their tendency to attract dust. Such hair get dirty very quickly, which may lead to hair and scalp problems. Therefore it's recommended that you meet a beauty expert to identify such hair. Oily hair often causes dandruff which sticks to the scalp, ultimately leading to hair fall.
For maintenance of oily hair:-
Wash frequently using henna shampoo. It does not affect the colour of hair, rather absorbs the excess oil, making them adequately dry.
- Do not use oil in your hair, instead use hair tonic. This makes your hair healthy.
- Apply colourless hair food to your hair.
- Apply henna for conditioning of hair.
- Dry hair, on the other hand are caused by interactive or scanty oil production. Such hair is easily damaged by chemicals, sunlight and dust. Common problems associated with dry hair are:
- Dry scalp often leads to a problem of dry dandruff. It is flaky to appearance and spreads throughout hair, often dropping on clothes also.
- The texture of such hair becomes rough, giving it a lustreless appearance.
- Excessive dryness of hair leads to split ends and breakage of hair.
- Special care needs to be taken of such hair to avoid these problems.
- Massage scalp with lukewarm herbal oil everyday. Use only your fingertips and massage slowly. Afterwards, cover with hot towel for five to ten minutes. If you go to a salon, get hair spas and steam, this opens pores and gives strength to your hair.
- Beat a whole egg and apply on scalp with cotton wool. Leave for three to four hours. Wash with good herbal shampoo.
- Condition your hair regularly with a herbal conditioner regularly.
- Apply colourless hair food for dry scalp.
- It is important that you identify the texture and nature of your hair. Once identified, it is much easier to take care of your hair and to ensure that they stay at their best. Only a qualified beauty expert can help you in understanding the nature and needs of your hair. However, to maintain your hair's beauty and to avoid problems, it is mandatory that you take care of them on a day to day basis.
- Take care of your lifestyle. Stress, lack of sleep, and abnormal routines can take a toll on your hair's health, giving it a lustreless and limp appearance.
- Overexposure to sunlight and pollution should be avoided at all costs.
- It is crucial to take care of your eating habits. Protein rich food, and fruit juices and salads should be included in your daily diet. This avoids food deficiencies and ensures that hair stay healthy. Also, you should avoid junk food and aerated drinks.