Straight hair is the 'in' thing nowadays. Here's a guide to hair rebonding to help you understand the whole chemical process involved and how to take care of hair after rebonding. You can't deny the fact that any sort of chemical affects the qu
Whenever you compare your unruly wavy locks with somebody else’s sleek straight hair your stomach gives a slight twinge. You have been considering rebonding your hair, but are not sure about what would happen to your hair with the process.
Hair rebonding fulfils a woman's desire of ruffling long, straight, shiny and beautiful tresses. Rebonding circumscribes a whole process of using perming lotion to soften the hair and disintegrating its bonds, washing of the scalp and holding the hair strands with two metal plates. A neutralizer finally resets the bonds and fixes the hair.
The process of hair rebonding involves breaking of chemical bonds in your hair, which are re-arranged and bonded back permanently with the use of strong chemicals. Although, hair rebonding is in vogue among women, it is one of the most damaging treatments that you can get done for hair. Here’s the step by step approach to rebonding.
1. At first, the hair is shampooed and dried completely using a blow dryer.
2. Hair strands are seperated into two parts and a hair softener or relaxant is applied to the shaft of the hair, keeping it straight. The hair is kept straight with the help of a thin plastic board. The softener is left on for a while depending on the type of hair.
3. Hair is blow dried and keratin lotion applied to it.
4. A flat iron is used to straighten the hair further to break any extra curls. The expert at the salon will iron your iron till it is satisfactorily shiny and straight.
5. The hair is then parted and a neutraliser is used to set the bonds straight and stabilise it. This is left on the hair for at least 30 minutes.
6. Finally, the neutraliser is rinsed off using cold water and the hair is blow dried and a hair serum applied on it. The hair is ironed once more with the help of a straightening iron to give a last touch.
Is Rebonding Harmful for Hair?
It is debatable whether hair rebonding is harmful for the hair, and if so, to what extent. While, it is undeniable that any sort of chemical treatment is going to have an undesirable impact on the health of hair, but with precautions and regular hair care, you can expect to minimise or completely do away with them.Hair rebonding can turn into a disaster, if you do not take care of your hair.
Hair will need extra pampering once it has been rebonded. You cannot ignore your hair just because it looks straight and shiny. In case, you are suffering from hairfall, you must avoid rebonding or any other chemical hair treatment. It is better to discuss your hair condition and the treatment before your scheduled appointment.
Taking Care after Hair Rebonding
Rebonded hair needs regular hair care then only you can maintain a healthy mane. Here’s what you have to do, to treat your rebonded hair with care and prevent hair loss.
- Use special shampoo for straight hair.
- Use hair conditioners.
- Apply hair oil regularly.
- Oil and steam hair at least once every 15 days.
- Have a healthy and balanced diet.
If you want to avoid the risks associated with hair rebonding, the conventional hair straightening methods, such as applying of lotions can be preferred, but these do not give the same great look as hair rebonding does. The toxic chemicals used in hair rebonding, however, involve greater threats to the health of your hair. Besides this, maintaining the straight look after rebonding would be possible only if you continue to have touch-ups every six months.
Read more articles on Hairstyles.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.