Facts about Type 3 Diabetes
Researchers have, through recent studies, found that not only pancreas but also the brain secretes insulin. Type 3 diabetes leads to the lower secretion of insulin in brain resulting in degeneration of brain cells. Dying of brain cells results in memory loss and other degenerative diseases. Researchers believe that people with new diabetes have an elevated risk of suffering from Alzheimer up by 65%.
Here are some facts about type 3 diabetes that will help you to understand it better:
- In type 3 diabetes, brain secretes lower amount of insulin than normal insulin level. The brain cells deteriorate and eventually stop working. Researchers have suggested that Alzheimer is actually type 3 diabetes as Alzheimer’s patients have a protein in the brain, which removes the insulin receptors and disrupts the working of brain cells thereby, preventing the proper functioning of brain memory.
- Type 3 diabetes is also known as “double diabetes”, “hybrid diabetes”, type 1 ½ diabetes and brain diabetes. It is significantly difficult to diagnose and treat this type of diabetes.
- Founded in 2005, type 3 diabetes originates in the central nervous system thereby, influencing the normal brain functioning. It is more complex than type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- This type of diabetes is generally diagnosed after the middle age. The symptoms of type 3 diabetes are similar to normal ageing signs. Symptoms such as memory loss, dementia and confusion point to the occurrence of type 3 diabetes. These symptoms are also associated with the occurence of Alzheimer.
- At present, MRI scan is the only possible way of diagnosing type 3 diabetes. Doctors and researchers are trying to figure out more diagnosing methods.
- Brain diabetes affects people, who are sensitive to ‘electro pollution’ emitted by computers, televisions, cordless and mobile phones and compact fluorescent light bulbs. These electro sensitive diabetic people have chances of experiencing heart attack and high blood sugar levels.
- A person with type 1 and type 2 diabetes can also be diagnosed with type 3 diabetes. One can solely be affected by type 3 diabetes thereby, strongly pointing to electromagnetic pollution as a major cause.
- Obesity triggers the chance of having type 3 diabetes. To prevent this diabetes, it is important to maintain a healthy body weight.
- Type 2 diabetics can be controlled with a nutritionally balanced diet. Diet must include less saturated fat, animal fat, appropriate amount of carbohydrates and vegetables.
Read more articles on Diabetes.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Feb 06, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.