Different Techniques for Holistic Healing
With stress levels reaching dizzy heights, holistic healing techniques, wellness and recuperation programs are steadily gaining momentum. Holistic treatments consider the entire system of the mind and body and spirit as a complete whole, and then administer remedies which are sustainable and effective for the entire system. They are being increasingly favoured over medicinal treatments because of being without side effects and imparting sustainable solutions. However, when you choose amongst the different techniques for holistic healing, it is important to choose wisely. You might resort to professionals who specialise in holistic treatments for suggesting the most suitable option for you.
Holistic Healing –Types
Some of the most prominent and naturally the most successful methods of holistic healing include the following:
- Energy Healing –Energy Healing is a technique adopted to clear the obstructions created in the energy fields of the body. Smooth inflow and outflow of energy through the system can take care of several chronic and acute illnesses as well. Some of the health problems, treated with energy healing include pain, illness, general malaise as well as depression and certain physical illnesses.
- Acupuncture—Acupuncture is also a form of energy healing technique which can be administered for sustained improvement of health conditions and general wellness. In this method, sharp needles are inserted into the various points of the body for releasing energy. Another related concept in this genre is acupressure. In the latter, pointed pressure is used at the designated points instead of needles. Both these concepts have stemmed from Chinese methodologies which are inclined to believe that imbalance in the energy systems is the cause behind several illnesses and can be effectively addressed by attempting to set the balance right.
- Homeopathic Therapies—Homeopathy is an alternative medicinal treatment procedure. It thrives on the concept that there lies a remedy for all illnesses in the cause itself. Therefore, medications which might aggravate the causes are administered in minimal doses, for effective treatment. Homeopathic treatment has gained suitable prominence in treating chronic illnesses which tend to worsen over time.
- Chakra Healing and Meditation — this is a novel concept which relies on the fact that the energy system of the body is managed by 7 different chakras. These are spinning centres of energy which manage the wellbeing of the mind, spirit and body. For complete health, all vital chakras have to remain open and the energy should be allowed to flow freely. Meditative techniques are adopted for sustainable relief and comfort.
- Herbal Formulations—Herbal medicines and therapies are also considered excellent forms of holistic healing techniques. These are being increasingly recommended over chemical drugs for positive benefits, sans side effects. Herbs are favoured as holistic healing techniques because they provide cures and also strengthen the immune system.
Although there are various other holistic healing techniques practised, these are some of the more prominent ones which have proved effective over a period of time.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Dec 27, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.