Blueberry drink fortified by formulation along bacteria is found as an effective diabetic drink. Research panel of University of Montreal, the Institut Armand-Frappier and the Université de Moncton have proved it with tests which were later published in International Journal of Obesity. Bacteria present in blueberries, especially serratia vaccinii, proved as a protective shield to restrict development of diabetes in mice predisposed to diabetic condition.
Some researchers argue on eating fresh blueberries, which they believe is less effective as flavanoid compounds in skin make them hard to digest. In order to increase the bioavailability, they recommend frozen blueberry or the one cooked at a low temperature.
Fermented Blueberry as Diabetic Drink
- Fermented blueberry juice decreases high blood glucose levels in diabetics to a great extent.
- Blueberry drink reduces glycaemia levels in a diabetic condition.
- Fermented blueberry is also beneficial for individuals with obesity issues.
- Biotransformed blueberry drink also has therapeutic properties.
- Fermentation is done in order to enhance effectiveness of blueberries’ naturally occurring anti-oxidants.
- Anti-oxidants of blueberry assist in hormone adiponectin that lowers risk of obesity.
- Anthocyanins in blueberries are also beneficial for risk reduction of retinopathy and eye disorders.
Probiotic foods, which have ‘good bacteria’, are considered better in comparison to probiotic pills. These contain live bacteria that are beneficial for several health conditions. The foremost function of these bacteria is to protect body from digestive juices.
Drinking Options for Diabetics
- Drinking loads of water is a benefactor in diabetic condition.
- Tea, coffee, fruit juice, flavoured drinks and diet soft drinks with no sugar can all be drinking options.
- Drinking alcohol should be reduced. If you have it, ensure you have it with food.
All about Blueberries
- Blueberry is a shrub fruit belonging to the heath family.
- Blueberries contain diversified range of micronutrients, which includes manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K and fibre.
- Anti-oxidants like anthocyanins, anti-oxidant pigments and phytochemicals play a vital role in reducing risks of various maladies.
- Presence of terostilbene, anthocyanins, proanthocyanidins, resveratrol, flavonols and tannins in blueberries restrict cancer cell development.
- It helps to neutralise free radicals that affect diseases and aging.
- Fruit consumption is also considered great for preservation of vision, brain healthy, to keep heart healthy and streamlining digestion.
- Blueberry juice is also considered for combating urinary tract infections.
- These are very good anti-depressants and render no side-effects.
Read more articles on Diabetes