It's summer season in India and it’s time to get serious about protection from the sun. This is the season to get sunburns especially if you forget to reapply SPF (sunscreen) throughout the day. Luckily, there are a variety of different ways to take care of a sunburn at home. Don't be shocked! As you may find all the things in your pantry, cupboard and even in your vanity cabinet! Below are a few best at-home remedies:
1. The succulent plant - Aloe Vera
Possibly, Aloe Vera is one of the most common ways to calm your sunburns. Aloe vera gel can do more than provide the skin with a freezing relief. So, this summer keep a bottle of aloe vera in your beach bag. The other and even better is, use the gel from the actual plant and apply whenever needed.
2. White Vinegar - Aggressive on sunburn
An infected sunburn is worse than a sunburn. To help relieve some of the inflammation and pain from the burn and also to prevent it from getting infected, apply white vinegar to the affected areas. The scientific reason behind it is, white vinegar is composed of acetic acid, therefore it helps to relieve the inflammation and pain. Hence, it acts as an antiseptic.
3. Sodium Bicarbonate - Baking Soda
When treating a sunburn at home, another important thing to keep in mind is your skin’s natural pH level. And to help balance the pH of burned skin, baking soda can come to your rescue. Compose a cold compress of baking soda and water and apply to sunburned skin for fifteen minutes.
Also Read: Benefits of Muskmelon Mask for Skin and Hair
4. Camellia sinensis leaves - Green Tea
In addition to baking soda compresses, green tea compresses also contain polyphenols. And these polyphenols are anti-inflammatory. To make green tea compresses follow some simple steps:
1. steep green tea leaves
2. soak a clean washcloth in the steeped tea
3. allow the compress to cool in the fridge
4. applying to sunburned skin for 15 minutes.
5. Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
'Lactic acid' hai to Sahi hai! Considered an anti-inflammatory greek yogurt can be used to moisturize and soothe sunburned skin. Strained more times than traditional yogurt, Greek yogurt, as a result, has a higher concentration of probiotics and is thicker. It is also said that the topical application of probiotics decreases redness and skin sensitivity. Follow some simple steps to soothe sunburn with Greek yogurt:
1. you can apply plain, organic Greek yogurt to the face and body as a mask
2. rinse after 15 minutes.
6. Topical Care With Appeasing Additives
If you’re looking for a topical treatment that can soothe and nourish sunburned skin. Here you go! Topical treatments that are formulated with nourishing, soothing and replenishing ingredients, such as cucumber extract, oatmeal, hyaluronic acid, and antioxidant-rich vitamins C and E.
Read more articles on Skincare
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.
- natural home remedies for sunburn on face
- natural home remedies for severe sunburn
- natural home remedies for sunburn treatments
- home remedies sunburn redness
- home remedies sunburn relief
- home remedies sunburn lips
- home remedies sunburn blisters
- home remedies sunburn itch
- home remedies sunburn tea
- home remedies sunburn vinegar
- natural remedies sunburn relief