Every pregnant woman worries about her diet (and special care) during pregnancy. Just like a tree needs the right amount of sunlight, water and care (before it can bear fruit), in the same way, your body needs to be fit before conception. In such a situation, nutritious food and proper care are necessary.
Prepare before pregnancy
Also Read: Surprising Health Benefits of Menopause for Women
It takes about a hundred days for a woman's egg to mature before it is ovulated. However, the number of sperm in the semen of men also depends a lot on food. This means that for a couple, the span of three months is the time to get optimum nutrition so that a healthy egg and semen can be produced. Therefore, both of you need to be aware of proper nutrition before conception. So let's know how your diet should be before pregnancy.
Also Read: Understand All About Fibroid During Pregnancy and Its Possible Treatment
Diet tips before baby planning
- Take fermented cod liver oil/blend butter oil as these provide you with fat-soluble vitamins such as A, E, D, K2, EPA, DHA, and Omega-3 fatty acids. These are essential nutrients for hormones, skin and a healthy baby. Therefore, give your partner all these vitamin-rich food.
- Include fresh fruits and green leafy veggies in your daily diet. These provide your body with the necessary nutrients for conception.
- Include adequate amounts of carbohydrates in your diet. For this, eat bread, rice, barley regularly. Iron is also necessary for pregnancy; hence, one should take iron-rich foods (like pulses, dried fruits and nuts, wheat bread, green leafy vegetables and sprouted grains).
- Include soy, beans, lentils, peanuts, butter and pulses in your diet before pregnancy. Include dairy products like milk, cheese, yoghurt etc. in your diet regularly.
- Your body also needs vitamins for conception, as they are essential for digesting iron in your body. Take Vitamin C in plenty, such as fruits and vegetables like broccoli, papaya, oranges, green peas, lettuce and pineapple.
- You should also take folic acid before conceiving, as they play a vital role in the development of your baby's brain and spinal cord.
- Eating foods rich in nutrients before conception helps you to deal with complications during pregnancy. Stay away from alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine, etc. before conception. Consuming them not only spoils your body but can also cause severe problems like a miscarriage.