Ayurvedic Treatment for Bipolar Disorder
Know the effectiveness of ayurveda to treat bipolar diorder.
Bipolar Disorder is a psychological condition characterised by mood swings between depressions and mania. The symptoms of this mental disorder differ from case to case depending upon factors such as origin, individual inequalities and the surrounding environment. It is mainly augmented in individuals either by low strength or energy, weak immune system, lack of managerial abilities and adaptability or by excess of dryness in brain and nervous system.
Ayurveda is reckoned for its potential to regulate mood swings by alleviating its disposition and temper. It has a wide range of herbal remedies for Bipolar Disorder, methods and approaches for controlling this critical mental condition without having to depend on heavy medication and complicated treatments. The most important point to be kept in consideration is that ayurvedic treatment for Bipolar Disorder must not be undertaken without consulting the doctor. Moreover, the Ayurvedic remedies for Bipolar Disorder need to be kept under close scrutiny and observation by the specialists. Some of the most useful ayurvedic treatments for Bipolar Disorderinclude the following:
- Use of the herb St. John’s Wort asa herbal remedy for Bipolar Disorder naturally provides the patient with chemicals such ashyperforin, hypericin and flaynoids which are antidepressants and ensure that the brain chemicals-namely dopamine and serotonin, are made available to the brain.
- The root of Black Cohosh is a natural sedative that placates the nervous system of the patient by calming down the feeling of anxiety.
- Ginkgo Biloba oil, extracted from the Ginkgo tree, is one of the most popular ayurvedic treatment for Bipolar Disorder in Asian countries. It improves assimilation of vitamins, oxygen and nutrients by increasing blood circulation to the brain.
- Another ayurvedic remedy for Bipolar Disorder includes aromatic oil massage by ayurvedic oils. Shirodhara is a treatment where buttermilk, sesame oil or coconut water is applied on the forehead of the patient to improve blood flow and thus relieve him from Bipolar Disorder
- Mustard, another herbal remedy for Bipolar Disorder, is helpful in managing anxiety and exhaustion caused by the disease.
- VachaRasayana, a natural dietary supplement and Tinospor aCordifolia also prove to be very effective in curing Bipolar Disorder. This herbal remedy for Bipolar Disorder also prevents further infliction.
Apart from implementing the above ayurvedic treatment for Bipolar Disorder, it is utmost essential to maintain a balance between three things-air or oxygen, phlegm and bile. This condition is achievable only by way of a balanced diet comprising of healthy vegetables and fruits, milk, honey, and various nuts. Along with pursuing ayurvedic remedies for Bipolar Disorder, refrain from sugar, chocolates, spicy food and meat is also advisable. Yoga and deep breathing sessions can also do wonders to relax the body.
Read more articles on Ayurveda
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jun 20, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.